Monday, March 8, 2010

Ecole Supérieure de Commerce

ESC-Clermont-Ferrand! --> The name of my school!

This is what I am supposed to be here for, right? School has been pretty good. The system here is quite different than at home, as we will have a different schedule every week (and often do not find out this schedule until a couple of days before!). I just have to relax and embrace the ambiguity. I have business classes both in English and in French, as well as a French language class every Tuesday and Thursday night. Because of the variable schedule, our workload is different each week, one week maybe with a lot, and one week maybe with very little. The French business classes are pretty tough because it has been difficult for me to follow the professor at times, as well as what the students say in class. When a student raises their hand, besides the fact that they are speaking in another language, it seems as if they just want to whisper the answer or question to the professor. In America, we like to talk LOUD! We do a lot of group projects as well, which is good for me so that I can get to know some French students, as well as try to speak French with just a few people, which is easier because they will speak slower, and correct me when I am speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment