Monday, March 8, 2010

Nightlife

"Sortir": to go out

No worries, I have found places to go out in Clermont-Ferrand. (I’m not sure anyone was so worried about this).

We ended up becoming good friends with many of the other international students, naturally, because we are all in the same boat. (everyone speaks English too…). We often all go out together, to pubs to watch sports-Soccer and Rugby, to different little bars around town, and if it’s a special night, maybe even to the late night dance clubs. I have made a few French friends as well, so we try to have them out with us as much as possible (and speak French with them as much as possible!). Most of the music they play here is American…unless we’re in the dance club, then it is Euro-techno! I have grown accustomed to drinking cider (hard cider) often when I go out. It is more popular over here, and I think it tastes better than beer!

The good thing about going out here is that no one has to drive home, since we can walk everywhere! No drinking and driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment